Friday, April 17, 2009

To Tie or Not to Tie?



The books I read and life I lead are sensible, sane and mild; I like calm hats, I don't wear spats, but I like my neckties wild.

Neckties are the finishing touch to any man's outfit...there is nothing nicer than a man dressed up in a nice freshly ironed shirt and a colorful necktie. I think ties are to men what jewelry is to woman. Ties can make a rather dull outfit look amazing. As said in this poem which was published in 1964 by OK News. The tie can tell a lot about the personality of a man. Does he have a calm and subdued personality, wearing silk ties in soft muted colors? or does he love a wild tropical print in his tie to remember his last trip? Or perhaps a tie that is symbolic of his favorite hobby? or sport? or pet?

These ties are created from the Folklorico line of fabric from Alexander Henry 100% Cotton. Small Sugar Skulls on black, Los Novios on Black, Fiesta de los Muertos on Black and Dancing Skeletons on Black and Tangerine Batik fabric. Back lined with silk. Ties: $40.00. What's your favorite?

I couldn't resist posting just one more poem.
(It is poetry month!)

"Oh I have been to Ludlow fair, and left my necktie
God knows where, and carried halfway home, or near,
pints and quarts of Ludlow Beer.
Then the world seemed none so bad,
and I myself a sterling lad.
And down in lovely muck I've lain, happy - til I woke up again!
...Alfred Edward Housman

No comments:

Post a Comment