Sunday, April 12, 2009

An Apron - Domestic Armor


"Shielding our clothing against the splatter and tatter of keeping house and cooking. Wear an apron and your guard is up!" So says Ellyn Anne Guisel of the book "Apronisms - Pocket wisdom for Every Day".

Aprons are making a come-back. With the popularity in cooking shows and more people staying home to cook and eat, what more welcomed gift item than the chef's apron or a fancy half-apron?

There are literally hundreds of ways to make an apron but my favorite and most popular stand-by is the simple chef style apron with a pocket or two. This one shown is in the colorful "Paseo de los Muertos" from the Alexander Henry collection of "Folklorico" fabrics. Shown above is the "Skulls and Roses".

These durable and practical aprons are made of 100% cotton fabric in every color and pattern imaginable. I have chosen to open my line with a popular Folklorico Fabric which is very popular in my town.

I also have aprons done in the vintage 1950's style fabrics of flashy hollywood, retro poster designs, colorful tropicals, coffee house prints and beautiful florals.

I've even created special aprons for animal lovers and aprons for little girls to match their Mommies while helping in the kitchen
like the "teacup" apron modeled here by a special little doll.

My aprons are always fully lined in complimentary colors and have ties on the neckline and at the waist long enough to adjust for different heights and weights. My aprons are both feminine and unisex.

Pockets and straps are either matched to the main fabric or complimentary, in a contrasting color, depending on the main fabric design.

I realize "Skulls and Roses" are not for everyone, even though they are very popular here in California. I will be posting again with examples of my other aprons, in stock currently, with food themes, tropicals from the 50's vintage patterns, Wine themes as well as florals. Stay tuned for more! Prices are $40 for adult aprons; $20.00 for girls sizes and $15.00 for little girls under 5 yrs.

In addition I feature a special order apron with a laminated vinyl protective coating for Artists, hairdressers and groomers. This apron also features full sized "tool pocket" across the front. Pictured here is "Pink Sugar Skulls" from the Alexander Henry collection. $60.

Men's aprons and larger sizes are also available upon request, and I will be posting some of those soon.

Today's Apron Quote: Fear Not Letting go the Apron Strings-- "Sometimes the best way to hold on to something is to let it go."
--Author unknown.

Visit soon....

1 comment:

  1. Hi there. I bought one of the frida print full aprons at Vintage Religion (in SD) last year and love it! I'm looking for a half apron (similar to the top one in this post) - are you selling them anywhere? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete