Thursday, May 28, 2009

My Labels Arrived!


Finally they arrived! In less than two weeks from final "ok" my labels arrived last week. I opened the box with eager anticipation. Each and every one was absolutely flawless, and they are everything I wanted and more. I could not wait to start sewing them into my products.

This label is sewn into the side seam of an apron shown here, just under the waist straps. The label was sewn beautifully, showing all the fine details in the letters as well as the tiny dots of paint on the palette. It is hard to imagine how they can sew something with such fine detail on such a tiny label, SO perfectly, but they did it and they look wonderful. They are just right, not too large and not too small. The color is slightly off-white so that the colors stand out very well against the background and yet do not clash with the colors of my products.

This is another apron in the Corazones Heart pattern. Such a brightly colored fabric, the label could have gotten lost on the pattern but by sewing it into the side seam it is more visible.

Placement is pretty important when sewing your labels into your merchandise. You want it to be visible but not detract from the garment.

Needless to say, I am thrilled with the labels and have none other than Lisa Rosenberg from Clothing Labels 4U to thank, again. These are awesome! They add the finishing touch to an already great product and one that I am hopeful will become known by the logo and the name. As much as I hesitated going forth into this project, I am so glad I did and encourage anyone who is contemplating doing it, don't wait as long as I did. But better late than never.

1 comment: